Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Geaux Strong

This summer, I signed up for a swimming program called Geaux Strong. It was for kids with physical challenges. We each got a buddy to swim with who would help us with kicking, arm exercises, and swimming in general. My buddy was the best this year! She was really caring and kind, and also really fun to hang out with. We would joke around and we had competitions together. She made things that usually aren’t very fun for me, like arm exercises, fun.
  Geaux Strong was also a really good place to make friends with other kids. It was a really accepting atmosphere that was supportive and also just really fun. When we did team relay races, everyone would be rooting for everybody. It was awesome.
    So I was really sad when it ended, but one good thing was that my buddy and I stayed in touch. We e-Mail and send each other letters. It’s kind of like having a really positive older sister. So Geaux Strong was really fun. I definitely want to do it next year!