Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Hale Flood Adventure

My family and me woke up to a stormy morning.  We turned on the news and saw that flooding was expected the next day.  School was cancelled for me and my sister.  The next day, there was, sure enough, so much water covering the street that you could mistake it for a river.  Mom and Dad decided on packing up things that we didn't want to get ruined by flooding.  We waited at a neighbor's house for a big truck to come and get us, but THAT never happened.  Our adventure was much more than just a truck coming to get us and taking us to a shelter.  It turned out that there was no truck that was big enough to get through the thick water.  Mom went back to the house to get us some food.  When she came back, she said there was a boat tied up in our yard.  My dad untied the boat and we got in with our best things.  My dad pushed the boat to the end of our neighborhood.  My dad helped me out, but unfortunately, he accidentally put me down on a pile of ants.  I wasn't paying attention to much else except my ant bites after that.  A friendly man helped us into his motor boat.  But I could not enjoy it because my ant bites were itching too much.  The man dropped us off at the fire station.  We took a bus to the Oak Point store and my dad's friend picked us up from there.  One day my parents decided to bring us to our grandparents' house because their house was less likely to flood.
We had a good time with them and, when Mom and Dad had helped a good amount of people, our grandparents drove us home.