Monday, October 18, 2021

Yours

 Words in my head

And they won’t go

Spinning

Pounding

Stuck.


Trapped in my own brain

Your words

Invade what is mine

Steal what is not yours

To take.


Words leave your mouth

Crippled.

Wrong.

Hover in the air

Broken.

Weird.

Settle in my head

Slow

Weak

Blink back tears


Your words

Darkness

Evil

Thunder in my ears

Push me down

When I’m on the ground.


Everything in me

wants to prove you wrong

But how can I

When your words are so strong


Your words

Taking what’s mine

Do I have to be on guard

All of the time?


Destroying

what control I have

Over my mind

Your cruel

Evil

Vicious words

Stuck in my head

Over and over again


Why can’t you realize

How cruel your words are?

Can you please

Be quiet

If you have nothing good to say at all.


The pain’s still inside me

But all I want

is to let go

Let me let go

Of your words.


I want the words you gave

to go away

Hurt 

Scared

I want the confidence you stole

Tell me…

Is it gone

Forever?


Locked

Inside my head

The pain 

Your words