Monday, October 18, 2021

Grief

 Heard you were gone

Didn’t quite believe it.

Until

A hole

a gaping space

Filled with emptiness

Opened 

Inside of me.


Then I was

blind, blurry

Lost

Wet, salty tears

Clouded like the ocean…

That you’d never see again.


I miss your smile

I miss your laugh

The way you held me 

Like I was all you had.


Made me feel precious.

Like a piece of glass

Glass

shatters

Breaks into

A million pieces

Like my heart when I realized

You were gone.


My heart

You held a piece of it from the start

And now you’re gone

Gone


I remember

Holding your hand

A connection

So few understand

Your hand

Delicate

gentle

Loving 

Laughing

I didn’t want to slip out of your grasp

You slipped out of my grasp

Didn’t want to let go

Don’t want to let go

Please don’t let go…

Don’t leave me

Stay.


Don’t want to let go…

Not of your smile

Not of your laugh

Not of the memories

in the photographs

Not of your love


You filled a room

Just the bright look in your eyes

Wanted to be near you

All the time


I want to be with you

But you’re in paradise

And now you’re gone

What am I supposed to do

Now that you’re gone?


You hold my hand

Through the threshold of life

You hold 

A piece of my heart

Always


Enjoy paradise as you did life.

Always.


I’ll miss you tons

But this isn’t goodbye

‘Cause I’ll hold your hand 

Through the obstacles in life

Always.


Now is it okay

To cry?

Now those tears

Spill from my eyes

Hold them in, let them out

Pretend they are falling 

from the sky

From Heaven

Where you are

Where we’ll be

Together

One day. 

Someday.


Perseverance of love

Let me cry

I’m grieving

Though you’re in paradise

Always.

I’ll love you

Always