Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Glass



You’re the reason I have walls

Are you gonna care enough

To tear them down?

I’m broken on the inside

Had to turn my heart to stone so

You couldn’t get through


In the end,

Will you betray me….

If my emotions don’t 

betray me first

Had to seal myself off so I don’t get hurt.


In the end, you’re like everyone else 

You say you want to know me

But when you get deep inside

Will you just

back off and hide? 


When I start to trust you

Will you let me down again?


I saw love

I saw peace

In blue eyes once

My trust was theirs,

though they could

Shatter me like glass.

But something isn’t beautiful

Because it lasts.


You gotta prove yourself to me

Will you just be

One in the crowd?

Will I have to deal with

your mockery,

Shut off the pain of your laughs


If you really love me

You can shatter me like glass

But

Something isn’t beautiful

Because it lasts.


If I really trust you

Will you let me down again? 

Break my heart

with the pain of your laughs


Is it possible to love you

without splintering apart?

If I just broke

here and now

I’d be up above

Staring into blue

Blue skies,

Blue eyes

that love me so much.

I want them

To be with me.

I have you

Instead.

But something isn’t beautiful

Because it lasts


So prove yourself to me

Or shatter me like glass

I’ll lie to myself, say

I’m not hurt

Wonder how long

I’ll believe in that?

But something isn’t beautiful 

Because it lasts.