Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Try



I have a blog.  I write about many things on my blog, but the main thing is about some of the struggles I face with tight legs.  I have CP, Cerebral Palsy.  It’s true that it is not very severe, but I still struggle with it.  I’m lucky because I can talk and walk and move my arms but yet I actually do have CP.
As much info as I am sharing, I don’t like talking to other kids about them, but I do get asked about them very often.  Often, I feel alone.  I feel like I’m the only kid with tight legs, but I know the truth – I’m not.
Yes, I go to Physical Therapy and wear leg braces and my legs are often sore.  I usually focus on indoor activities, like reading and writing to keep my mind away from my struggles.  I do participate in P.E.  And also, when my friends ask me to run, I usually do it unless my legs are so tight that they are pulling.
I enjoy to read articles about things similar to stuff like that by kids or grown-ups who have or had tight legs.  I am the only one in my family who has CP, but my parents make sure I know that they wouldn’t trade me, even for a kid without CP.
My family lets me vent about my legs whenever I feel the need.  Then, whenever I cry about that, they hug me and kiss me and just let me cry.  They get sad, too.  Whenever that happens, I feel so lucky that I have them to comfort me and help me through the challenges that I face.
So, I’ll be the first one to admit it’s hard.  It’s perfectly OK to cry about it for a little while.  But then, you gotta be strong and brave.  Just get back up and keep trying.  You have to try to get over that mountain that’s towering above you.  Try, and then you can do anything you want to do.
Don’t let anyone tell you that if cry about stuff or anything, really, that you’re a baby and not tough.  Because you are still tough and brave and strong.  The rollercoaster that life is goes up and down.  TRY, always TRY.